Breede River Hospice
Breede River Hospice focuses on providing Palliative Care to terminally ill patients and has grown to now offer a range of life-giving and supporting services that, these days, go far beyond what hospice is traditionally known for.
Breede River Hospice seeks to appoint a qualified social worker to be based in Based in Robertson, Cape Winelands.
The purpose of the position is to join the Breede River Hospice team, serving the Langeberg community. (Ashton, Bonnievale, McGregor, Montagu and Robertson). The aim of the post is to provide compassionate and professional psycho-social support to the patients and their families, as part of the palliative care inter-disciplinary team. It is also to provide compassionate and professional psycho social support to patients and their families as a part of the palliative care inter-disciplinary team.
Remuneration: R15 309.00
- A qualification in Social Work and is registered with the SACCSP
- Computer literacy (MS Word and email)
- At least 3 years’ experience as a social worker, preferably in an NPO environment
- Proficient in English and Afrikaans
- Drivers’ license essential
- Preference will be given to EE candidates in the final selection process.
- Patient and family care:
- Assessment and care planning of psycho social and spiritual needs of patients
- Patient and family visits in the community
- Identify and co-ordinate support groups where appropriate
- Liaise with volunteers to run a day programme for patients
- Liaise with volunteers and manage the bereavement service including an annual remembrance service
- Inter-disciplinary team (IDT):
- Actively participate as a member of the Inter Disciplinary Team iro care plans
- Assist with building the cohesiveness of the IDT
- Professional responsibilities:
- Work within the SACSSP scope of practice for Social Workers
- Adhere to code of professional ethics
- Attend palliative care training as available
- Administrative responsibilities:
- Ensure patient records are comprehensive and current
- Complete statistics as required
- Participate in staff meetings
- Assist with strategic and annual planning as requested
How to apply:
- Application letter motivating your suitability to the post
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact details of 2 references
- Available start date
- Copy of ID (if not a SA Citizen – also include a copy of your work permit)
- Copy of SACCSP registration
Contact Maria 023 626 5710 with questions.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Breede River Hospice, refer to www.hospicebreederiver.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies