Project Title: Education for Employability
Funder: European Union
Location: Pretoria (South Africa)
Duration: 36 Months
Estimated start date: July 2020
Positions: A) Institutional Capacity and Development Expert (Team Leader). B) Education and Skills Expert
My client is a leading implementer of development aid projects in a variety of sectors around the world. They have been shortlisted by the EU to present a proposal for the Education for Employability programme in South Africa.
The Republic of South Africa represented by the National Treasury and the European Commission, signed a Financing agreement on 19 July 2018 establishing a sector budget support programme called Education for Employability (E4E). E4E is a cross sector programme (education and employment) focusing on institutional collaboration and coordination between three national government departments [Department of Basic Education (DBE), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and Department of Employment and Labour (DoL)]; civil society stakeholders; and associated policies and systems. The implementing agents are the Department of Basic Education (DBE), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) and Department of Employment and Labour (DEL).
The programme is expected to support government’s efforts in improving the quality of basic education, vocational training and job placement services from early childhood, through teenage years until the acquisition of skills needed for the world-of-work.
(Very similar skills are required across both roles these include):
- A Master’s Degree in education, development studies, organisational development, business administration, management or a related discipline is required;
- In the absence of a Master’s Degree, a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification with at least 15 years’ experience in the fields listed above or related disciplines will be considered;
- Good communication skills in English- written and spoken;
- Competent in MS Office;
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years general experience in institutional strengthening and capacity development or strategic management or project and programme management in sectors related to education, skills development and training, youth employment or placement services;
- At least 5 years of the above experience should be in South Africa or in an upper middle-income country;
- At least 2 years of the above experience should be in government/public sector;
Specific professional experience (Team Leader)
- At least 2 experiences in policy/strategy issues related to the education sector;
- At least 2 experiences in policy/strategy issues related to the employment sector;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in monitoring and evaluation is required;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in providing technical support on organisational development and institutional capacity development is required;
- A minimum of 3 experiences in project/programme management in public sector is required;
- Experience and exposure to work with TVET colleges or ECD or youth employment or labour placement services will be an added advantage;
- Managerial experience in the public or private sector will be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience (Education and Skills Expert)
- Minimum of 10 years experiences in programme/project management in the public and private sector;
- At least 5 experiences in strategic management or project and programme management or a mix of these fields;
- Experience and exposure to monitoring and evaluation approaches will be an added advantage.
Should you be interested in either of these positions, please forward a cover letter and updated CV to email@example.com by 24 January 2019. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.