One to One Africa
One to One Africa is an organization that works with vulnerable and traumatised children, helping to transform the lives of those affected by disease, trauma and disability. The charity has been working in Africa for more than 15 years, in partnership with local organisations. It focuses largely on issues surrounding HIV/AIDS and has facilitated significant improvements in access to treatment and quality of care throughout Southern Africa.
One to One Africa seeks to appoint a Digital Health & Data Quality Officer to be based in Nyandeni Municipality, Eastern Cape.
Remuneration: Annual salary range is R240 000 – 280 000 TCTC, depending on skills and experience.
Reports to: the Programme Manager while also working closely with the Impact Manager.
The purpose of this position is to provide home-based care and support for improving child and maternal health, and in particular, preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, in the Eastern Cape through the Mentor Mother model. The Digital Health and Data Quality Officer will assist with the coordination of Information management and data quality management of the Enable project's transition from a paper-based system to a digitised one in Nyandeni sub-district, Eastern Cape.
- Support with the implementation of the mobile health (mHealth) system and the migration from a paper-based system to a digitized electronic system
- Ensure effective and efficient data collection and collation process by community health workers
- Responds efficiently and provides user support
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve challenges with data collection using the mobile phone application
- Conducts periodic quality checks of site data, signals and flags potential challenges experienced and provides timely feedback
- Identifies and implements action plans to ensure data quality and efficient data collection at site and community level. Prepares monthly improvement plans and reviews these at staff monthly meetings
- Assists with exporting data and information for analysis and feedback in a timely manner
- Validates and verifies data submitted by all reporting sites to ensure accurate reporting
- Reviews monitoring reports to assess and identify causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation with the use of mobile phones to collect data
- Assists with the provision of mobile phone data collection and M&E system related orientation, training, refresher training and on-going mentorship for all related M&E stakeholders
- Assists with the preparation to consolidate data and progress reports. Proactively plans with supervisors, site managers and programme manager in preparing progress reports.
- Liaises with the programme and site managers in the analysis and interpretation of reports and drafts action plans to address implementation challenges and data quality issues.
- Contribute towards and support the regular review of Monitoring and Evaluation plans, Data Quality plans, tools and other documents such as results frameworks, reporting templates etc, as may be necessary in coordination with relevant colleagues or partners.
- Education and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification; data quality and/or monitoring & evaluation training and certification will be an added advantage.
- Two years’ experience in data verification and quality assurance. Experience with data collection using mobile phone technology, end user support and data quality assurance.
- Valid driver’s license desirable.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general health system information and reports.
- Ability to effectively prepare information and respond to questions from programme staff, managers, data capturers, community team leaders and DOH area coordinators.
- Must be fluent in isiXhosa and English.
- Mathemathical Skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages as well as basic statistical calculations: Performance and feedback, targets vs. actuals, gauging developments.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardised situations.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of electronic devices and databases as a core function; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with COMMCARE, DHIS and TIER.net will be advantageous.
Applicants must be South African citizens/Permanent Residents, or be in possession of a valid work permit when applying.
To apply, submit your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly in the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about One to One Africa, refer to www.onetoonechildrensfund.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies