ChildSafe South Africa
ChildSafe is a non-profit organisation based in Cape Town. They work to reduce childhood injuries of all severity through research, education, environmental change and recommendations for legislation. To achieve this, they work in co-operation with government, industry, non-governmental and community-based organisations, community groups and individuals. ChildSafe believes that every child has a right to grow and flourish in a safe environment without the risk of being hurt. Our Safe Travel to School project aims to make the daily journey to and from school safer for children by focusing on the learner transport driver.
ChildSafe seeks to appoint a Project Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Opportunity Type: full-time, one-year fixed-term contract.
The purpose of this role is to be part of a closely linked team that delivers excellence in the implementation of our project goals. The candidate will play an integral role in providing support in planning, coordinating and implementing project activities. The candidate will also be responsible for liaising with schools, partners and service providers to ensure timely and quality implementation of the project.
- Bachelor degree in Social Development, Social Work, Education or related field
- This role would suit someone with 2+ years' project implementation experience in a similar role, preferably with knowledge of the scholar transport sector
- Experience in networking and recruitment
- Experience in organising training events or workshops
- Excellent computer literacy and Microsoft skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of people including drivers, principals, teachers and parents
- Strong administration skills with the ability to plan and cost events, monitor budget spend and submit reconciliations and reports
- An eye for detail with experience in data capturing and management
- Strong skills and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation with the ability to maintain records of targets set and explanations around achievement
- A good problem solver with the ability to think on their feet
- Ability to speak Afrikaans an advantage
- The Project Officer must have strong administrative and organisational skills along with excellent event organising, data management and communication skills.
- Besides having the necessary talent and experience for the role, they are looking for a team member who has excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills and is detail-oriented and able to multi-task. This role is for someone who is able to prioritize daily tasks and can work efficiently and independently. You should be able to plan, take initiative and maintain a professional manner while being flexible and supportive.
If you'd like to help keep children safe and have the necessary credentials, apply today.
You will work in an implementation team that is passionate about what they do and sets high standards for what they want to achieve. This is a great place to learn and the right candidate will be inspired to reach ever increasing levels of excellence.
How to apply
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
For more about ChildSafe, refer to www.childsafe.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies