IRD SA NPC
Project: LINKEDin Study
Location: GJ Crookes Hospital, Ugu District, KwaZulu-Natal Province
Duration: Fixed term for six (6) months
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
- To demonstrate the impact of a manual notification system of TB patients in hospitals on increasing the number of notified TB cases. We aim to show a 90% reduction in the proportion of ILTFU among laboratory-diagnosed hospital managed TB patients.
- To demonstrate the impact of the implementation of a manual alert-and-response TB patient management system on increasing the proportion of TB patients who are linked to TB services and who initiate treatment at different levels of health care. We aim to show a 50% reduction in the proportion of all laboratory-diagnosed TB cases who are ILTFU.
Your job will be to:
- To work closely with the LINKEDin Study Project Officer to directly implement the manual notification system at GJ Crookes Hospital.
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Accurately enter data into either/both a mobile phone application or a laptop.
- Support the Operations Manager as and when required to do so.
- Generate reports for monitoring purposes as directed by Project Officer.
- Search for and confirm treatment initiation dates for TB positive patients.
- Ensure TB patients and health facility personnel are notified correctly as per the ‘alert and response’ system algorithm
- Report to the LINKEDin Study Project Officer on any gaps or challenges in automated systems; and any other project or administrative related issues.
- Matric / Grade 12 (NQF Level 4)
- Good numeracy skills
- Good computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and the ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Experience on TIER.net and or DHIS
- Experience working with TB or other health programs
- Experience and understanding of data flow processes within a health facility
- Previous employment as a Facility Data Capturer highly preferred
- Knowledge of DOH operating systems
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27(0)865722820 or e-mail email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Closing date for applications Monday, 27 January 2020
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Interactive Research and Development South Africa, refer to www.irdresearch.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies