People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA)
People Opposing Women Abuse (POWA) is a women’s rights organisation that aims to create space for women to enjoy their fundamental human rights in a free and safe environment.
Employment Type: 3 years Contract Position
POWA seeks to appoint a highly skilled Project Manager/Training Facilitator to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is to help in its Community Mobilisation and Capacity Building Programme.
- Lead, Manage and oversee the implementation of community and capacity building projects
- Developing Project Plan with clear Project deliverables and Time frames
- Develop Monitoring Tool to monitor project deliverables
- Compile high level Monthly and Quarterly Reports
- Manage and oversee women’s writing project
- Review courseware and material development
- Facilitate trainings and workshops and provide feedback to Executive Management
- Develop a database of key strategic partners and build resilient relationships with them
- Develop an Organisational Calendar for Project activities
- Provide regular feedback to Executive Manager on Project Outcomes
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Organisational Strategy
- Assist in developing National, Regional and International advocacy strategies
- As part of a management team contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation strategy
- Degree in Education and Training or National Diploma in Education and Training or Social Science is a prerequisite
- 5 years’ experience in Gender Based Violence or Human Rights organisation of which 3 years should be at Managerial Position/Project Management Knowledge of Legislative Framework
- Constitution of RSA 108 of 1996
- Domestic Violence Act 116 of 1998
- NPO Act 71 of 1997
- Victim’s Charter Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work with local government structures and community based organisations
- Experience in networking, fundraising and liaising with the donor community.
- Knowledge of national, regional and international advocacy on women’s rights
- Ability to engage in media representation
- Ability to carry high workload and work under pressure
- Commitment to advancing women’s rights
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Leadership Skills
- High level Report writing skills
- Deadline Driven
- Project Management skills
- Team work
- Speak two or more South African indigenous languages.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Power Point, Excel, Intranet etc.)
- Valid Driver’s licence
Interested applicants should forward a Comprehensive and updated CV with three contactable references, one page Motivation & Cover Letter by Email: Vacancy@ powa.co.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only emailed qualifications will be considered. NB Women of all ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
If you have not heard from us by the 28 February 2020 please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about People Opposing Women Abuse, refer to www.powa.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies