mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Human Resources Officer – (CHAMP)
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy and procedure interpretation and employment law practices. This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP) CHAMP.
This post is based in Mbombela
Key Performance Areas:
Provide HR oversight and support which includes:
- Ensuring a full HR service is set up and implemented for the CHAMP project which includes orientation, performance management, learning and development, wellness, recruitment and selection and employee relations
- Ensuring HR compliance
- In partnership with the COP, develop and implement change processes, employee engagement and/or team building initiatives and ensure these are embedded in the organization by supporting and partnering with line management.
- Ensure that HR policies and guidelines are timeously updated and aligned to the relevant legislation and m2m’s best practices and communicate these updates to all employees.
- Support and guide talent and performance management processes;
- Participate in and guide line management on the remuneration processes of m2m.
- Ensure that HR services across HR channels (HR premier, ESS, Silver Soft) are timeously processed and that data integrity is maintained on all employee files and administrative documents.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in HR Management/ B-degree in Human Resources Management (HRM) or a related field.
- Proven relevant experience as a human resources generalist; preferably with experience in an NGO environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in recruitment and selection, Performance Management, Employee relations, change management and team development
- An understanding of employee benefits, reward management and labour law
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify and recommend the appropriate solutions
- Ability to influence and interface with senior members of the business
- Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in both written and verbal English ability
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accurate application of information
- Application of m2m values
- Valid driver’s license
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 31 December 2019.