Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC)
Project: LON-TB Grant
Contract type: Temporary, grant term-limited
No of Staff: 10 x ENA Facility & Community Health Screeners
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
The primary objective of the LON TB grant Project is to screen, link clients to testing and treatment and ongoing support and monitoring for TB, Diabetes and Hypertension.
This is a field-based/ Ward based position with (100 %) time spent on the field, in order to complete the tasks listed below.
YOUR JOB WILL BE TO:
- TB/Diabetes/Hypertension Screening in allocated wards (mobile phone loaded with TB Screening App and sputum collection video will be provided).
- Fill all the client details on the Screening App or paper-based tool
- Collect samples spot Sputum for TB diagnosis and:
- Fill the Laboratory forms and label the specimen correctly.
- Store the specimen in a cooler bag and ensure it reaches the closest Lab timeously.
- Complete the DOH clinic register with details about the client screened and the specimens daily, to your local clinic
- Provide Health education and distribute IEC Material.
- Increase awareness of NCD’s (TB/Diabetes/Hypertension) in communities, schools and Early Childhood Development Centers
- Improve household contact tracing and reverse contact tracing for all households and patients are initiated on IPT
- Provide TB/ Diabetes/Hypertension education, promote testing and refer to the client’s local clinic (for HIV Counseling and testing)
- Maintain strict standards of patient confidentiality and access to patient-identifiable information.
- Ensure all patients confirmed with TB+ are traced back to the clinic and initiated on TB treatment.
- Follow up on contacts from the index client with confirmed TB.
- Assisting the clinical facilities as and when required to do so.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the communities within the Tshwane district and familiarity of working systems at the local DOH Hospitals.
- Willingness to work within a community environment.
- Grade 12 - Matric
- Enrolled nurse is a prerequisite
- Ability to read and write
- Fluency in isiZulu
- Ability to use cell phone applications
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
Interested candidates are welcome to apply. Please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit your brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle, Human Resources Department @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19 December 2019
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer