Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in the form of afterschool maths programs targeting learners in Grades 6 and 7. They currently operate in 41 partner schools in Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Durban.
Numeric seeks to appoint a Operations Manager to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to support the streamlining of processes and smooth-running of our distributed team. The Operations Manager will work to document and implement key processes and procedures while making sure that key communication happens at all levels within the organisation.
As this is a new role that will likely evolve over time. That being said, the envisioned role is highly varied and requires good people, communication, time management and organisation skills.
- Human Resources:
- Ensure that all teams are fully staffed at all times, maintain and update the organisation’s HR policies and procedures, oversee the organisation’s onboarding and training program.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Liaise with Numeric’s evaluation partner to appropriately plan and implement annual evaluation.
- Programs Support:
- Work closely with Chief Program Managers on planning, coach recruitment, coach training and program execution to achieve targets set out at the beginning of the year.
- Technical Support and Oversight:
- Maintain Numeric’s website and liaise with our technical team in maintenance and updates to our online Learner Management System.
- Event Planning:
- Support the chief program managers in planning and executing the annual math camp, math olympiad and coach training events, and oversee the planning of the annual team retreat.
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and to handle a wide range of tasks
- Interest in community development and maths education
- At least 5 years of full-time relevant work experience in the non-profit/development sector
- Emotional Intelligence
- Commitment to the mission and values of Numeric
- Advantageous Skills/Experience:
- Experience in donor-funded environment
- Experience in a senior operations leadership position
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Experience in HR Management
- Other Requirements
- Own transport and valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who will enhance and support the growth of Numeric’s core operations. This role is designed for someone who is passionate about maths education and who believes a small team of dedicated people can make a big difference. The ideal person is also someone who likes working behind the scenes to get the job done and who cares about supporting others.
Numeric’s core values are excellence, integrity, trust, learning, and community. The ideal candidate will align with these values both personally and professionally.
Apply Now: Interested applicants should submit a CV (max 2 pages) and letter of motivation (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Please ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies