Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC)
Employment type: Fixed term contract
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Maintains tuberculosis and TB-HIV databases by entering new and updated patients’ information, collate information and prepared for presentation at health facility or health district or organisations headquarters.
- Prepares source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Processes source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the health provider for resolution
- Enters data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on system/s according to format
- Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
- Verifies entered patients’ data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data; combining data from both systems when source information is incomplete using patients’ files to eliminate duplication of data
- Changes and upgrades information systems by inputting new additional data; reviewing output
- Secures information by completing data base backups weekly or as prescribe by the health facility/districts information policy and changing passwords monthly
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Maintains data information confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Compile monthly and quarterly information according to request and narrative reports
- Minimum educational qualification of Senior Certificate or relevant qualification
- Excellent command of spoken and writing English
- Experience working with public sector data sets
- Valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s licence
- Willingness and availability to travel and, on occasion, to work long and/or irregular hours
Must have exceptional communication skills, be able to work independently, highly motivated and self-motivated.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail email@example.com
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer