THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
THINK: Tuberculosis & HIV Investigative Network is a research organisation focusing on developing tools and people that will combat tuberculosis, HIV and associated ailments. We believe our passion to make the world a better place will benefit the patients we endeavour to help - now and in the future, locally and globally as well as make a difference in the lives of each of our colleagues and fellow human beings.
THINK is currently looking for a combined Data Manager / Quality assurance officer to join the THINK team at our Clinical Trial Unit at Don McKenzie TB Hospital, Botha’s Hill.
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values. The expectation is that employees come to identify strongly with both the organisation and its mission and that the shared set of Core Values give the employees an internal guideline for how to behave in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
The data manager/quality assurance officer will be responsible to maintain the quality and integrity of the trial data under the supervision of the principal investigator and study coordinator.
Responsible for the following duties:
- Overseeing the data capturers and the quality assurance systems
- Working closely with trial monitors
- Validating clinical trial data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy.
- Work closely with other study staff to respond to data queries in a timely manner
- Entering of trial data
- Managing the quality control of study documentation for completeness and correctness
- Drawing up of Source documents and other related trial documentation.
- Tracing and filing of study results and reports.
- Combined experience as a QA officer and Data manager for at least 4 years in the field of clinical trials
- Back ground experience capturing data on various data bases
- Recognized bachelor’s degree with honors in the medical or science field
- Qualifications in either administration, quality assurance, project management
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft office.
- Current GCP Certificate
- Master’s degree
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- Driver’s License
- Experience working in the department of health
THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a renewable, fixed term contract position for appointment soonest.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 December 2019.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches.
Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. Queries can be directed to Seshni Moorgas at 031 7771009.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: https://www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/