THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
THINK: Tuberculosis & HIV Investigative Network is a research organisation focusing on developing tools and people that will combat tuberculosis, HIV and associated ailments. We believe our passion to make the world a better place will benefit the patients we endeavour to help - now and in the future, locally and globally - as well as make a difference in the lives of each of our colleagues and fellow human beings. THINK is currently looking for a Data Capturer to join the THINK team at our Clinical Trial Unit at Don McKenzie TB Hospital, Botha’s Hill.
The following position is available: Data Capturer
Site: Clinical Trial Unit at Don McKenzie TB Hospital, Botha’s Hill.
Employees are selected based on shared personal and organisational goals and values. The expectation is that employees come to identify strongly with both the organisation and its mission and that the shared set of Core Values give the employees an internal guideline for how to behave in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
The Data Capturer will be responsible to maintain the quality and integrity of the trial data under the supervision of the study data manager/ quality assurance officer.
Responsible for the following duties under the supervision of the Data manager and study coordinator:
- Validating clinical trial data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy.
- Work closely with other study staff to respond to data queries in a timely manner
- Entering of trial data within timelines
- Managing the quality control of study documentation for completeness and correctness
- Drawing up of Source documents and other related trial documentation.
- Tracing and filing of study results and reports
- Quality control of all data prior to data entry
- Driver’s License
- Bachelors degree
- Experience as a Data Capturer in the clinical trials field for at least 2 years
- Computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office
Current GCP Certificate
THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for a renewable, fixed term contract position for appointment soonest.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 15 December 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches.
Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. Queries can be directed to Seshni Moorgas at 031 7771009.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: https://www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/