The Parent Centre
The Parent Centre is a Non-Profit, primary preventive organization offering comprehensive parenting education and support services.
The Parent Centre seeks to appoint a Monitoring & Evaluation Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to work for the Teen Parenting Programme and The Parent-Infant Home Visitation Programme.
- Monitoring of group recruitment, facilitation and evaluation processes
- Updating of Programme Monitoring & Evaluation Administration Tools
- Monitoring & Evaluation Site Visits to groups
- Home Visiting monitoring
- Programme Statistics
- Depression screening (once implemented)
- General Programme Administration
- Social Worker, registered with the South African Council for Social Services Professions (SACSSP)
- A special interest, knowledge and experience in Parenting and working with pregnant women, mothers & babies, and teenagers
- Experience in home visiting in various communities
- Experience in group facilitation and counselling
- Proficiency in English, isiXhosa (verbal and written) and conversational Afrikaans
- Computer Literacy – MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act
- Have at least 5 years experience
Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences; a professional demeanour; the ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion will secure this position.
They work with parents, other caregivers, professionals and community workers working with families. If you are passionate about parenting and the development of the whole child, then this is a position for you.
Interested persons must please send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Parent Centre, refer to www.theparentcentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies