IDUL, UNITE and NACTWU
Opportunity type: Part time employment
Number of Positions: 9
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Employment period: 2 Years
The 3 Trade Unions, namely; Independent Democratic Union of Lesotho (IDUL), United Textile Employees (UNITE) National Clothing Textile and Allied Workers Union (NACTWU) are seeking facilitators to co-facilitate workshops for workers at Nien Hsing Factories on Gender Based Violence and Harassment (GBVH) in the workplace and on a new Code of Conduct that describes how to seek information and file complaints if a worker witnesses or experiences gender-based violence or harassment while working for Nien Hsing. Facilitators will co-facilitate two-day workshops for groups of 25 workers. The facilitators will serve as sources of information about gender-based violence and harassment and the new Code of Conduct and the information line.
IDUL, UNITE & NACTWU are signatories to landmark agreements with FIDA, WLSA, Nien Hsing, Levis Strauss & Co., The Children’s Place and Kontoor Brands to establish a program to eradicate gender-based violence and harassment in the workplace, which includes education and awareness training and the information line and establishes independent organization to monitor and receive complaints from workers Nien Hsing. As a part of this program, the 3 Trade Unions (IDUL, UNITE & NACTWU) are seeking GBVH Facilitators who meet the following experience:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting workshops on gender-based violence and harassment;
- Good at problem solving, negotiations, and conflict resolution mechanisms within the garment factories
- A commitment to ending GBVH and to understand the provisions of ILO Convention 190
- Must have experience working within Factories
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-facilitates workshops on GBVH and the new Code of Conduct for workers at Nien Hsing Factories in Lesotho;
- Conducts awareness sensitization and awareness raising dialogues, forums for workers at Nien Hsing Factories in Lesotho
- Raise awareness of violations of the Code of Conduct which prohibits GBVH and retaliation for reporting violations of the Code of Conduct from Nien Hsing Factories in Lesotho to Workers Rights Watch and Information Line hosted by FIDA under this program;
- Co-facilitates with other GBVH Facilitators from WLSA and FIDA working under GBVH Program at Nieng Hsing Factories;
- Submit reports on all activities assigned or undertaken as required under the GBVH Program at Nieng Hsing Factories in Lesotho;
- Reports directly to the Lead Facilitator on all activities undertaken by her/him under the GBVH Program at Nieng Hsing Factories in Lesotho;
- Lead facilitators report to the coordinator who reports to Worker Rights Watch.
Undertakes any other duties assigned by Management of IDUL, UNITE & NACTWU (individually or collectively) or Officers working on behalf.
To apply, please send a cover letter, detailed CV, three references and a motivation letter speaking directly to the job requirements to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information or questions, please call Zeru at +27 11 403 3246
The organizations reserve the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.