Acorn Education is a non-profit company specifically set-up to be a School Operating Partner as part of Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme. At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of learners across our collaboration schools.
Acorn Education seeks to appoint a Instructional Teacher Coach to be based in Cape Town.
Start Date : As Soon As Possible
Acorn Education, they aim to transform the lives of their learners and they do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
- The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the school, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Support the planning and delivery of our teacher professional development programme
- Observe, provide feedback and support teachers, heads of department and subject heads
- Develop and/or improve systems that ensure effective lesson planning and execution
- Embed a culture of teacher development in the schools
- Necessary qualification criteria:
- Qualified Primary School teacher (must be SACE registered)
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience in Foundation Phase
- Departmental Head or Grade Head experience would be beneficial
- Must be a South African national or possess a permanent resident permit
- Must be fluent in both English and Afrikaans
- Essential experience:
- Experience teaching learners of various abilities and ensuring every learner grows
- Experience effectively teaching learners in classrooms of more than 30 learners per class
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Own transport is essential
To apply interested candidates should e-mail the following documents:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Graad 3 Wiskunde Les Plan (Language of Instruction : Afrikaans)
- Grade 3 English Home Language Lesson Plan
- CV with lesson plan must reach us by 4pm Friday 17 January 2020
An instructional coach is someone whose chief professional responsibility is to bring evidence-based practices into classrooms by working with teachers. Instructional coaching involves two people: the classroom teacher and the coach. Coaches work one-on-one and in small groups with teachers, providing guidance, training, and other resources as needed.
Join us on a journey towards excellence!
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No chance-takers please
Acorn Education Values
Agile: Our agility allows us to adapt and respond to what is most important at a specific time to achieve our mission.
Can do: Every member of our team is equipped with a “can do’ attitude – enabling us to reach our own high expectation and those of our schools, teachers and learners.
Optimistic: We believe that a grateful mindset leads to an optimistic and favourable view of life.
Resilient: Our journey will not be an easy one. We are committed to persevere despite challenges that may arise.
Just like an acorn, if something is nurtured it has the potential to grow into something greater. We not only nurture our people but those who help our schools grow.
For more about Acorn Education, refer to http://acorneducation.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies