The Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA)
Number of Position: 1
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Employment period: 2 Years
The Lesotho Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) is a signatory to landmark agreements with Women and Law in Southern African Research and Education Trust Lesotho (WLSA, Independent Democratic Union of Lesotho (IDUL), United Textile Employees (UNITE) The National Clothing Textile and Allied Workers Union (NACTWU), Nien Hsing, Levis Strauss & Co., The Children’s Place and Kontoor Brands to establish a program to eradicate Gender-Based Violence and Harassment (GBVH) in the workplace, which includes education and awareness training, and establishes and independent organization to monitor and receive complaints from workers Nien Hsing As a part of this program, FIDA will house a Project Coordinator that will coordinate all the Trade Unions and NGO’s as a focal person to Nein Hsing factories in Lesotho.
FIDA is hiring a Project Coordinator to work with the Trade Unions and Women’s organisations in ensuring that there is coordination among the team. Well trained and qualified candidates with relevant skills and good communication skills and knowledgeable in Project Management, Social Sciences, or related discipline with relevant experience needed for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Programmes Coordinator
- Develop a work plan for the GBVH project which shall guide the activities of the project to Nien Hsing and Women’s Rights Watch (WRW).
- Convene meetings for the GBVH project with Trade Unions, Women’s organization’s and liaise with Nien Hsing.
- Coordinate and schedule GBVH training workshops at Nien Hsing for Trade Unions and Women’s Organizations.
- Submit consolidated written periodic GBVH reports documenting progress to WRW for the Oversight Committee of the program activities.
- Coordinate the initiation of the GBVH project through publications and the media liaising with WRW and Nien Hsing.
- Monitor the GBVH project ensuring that potential problems are identified and solved early.
- Report regularly to the Programmes Coordinator and document success stories on GBVH.
Education Qualification AND Skills:
- Degree in Project Management, or another related field;
- 2 to 3 years successful experience working with NGO’s in coordinating project or managing project in a similar context;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including fluency in both written and spoken English and Sesotho;
- Commitment to ending Gender-Based Violence and Harassment in the workplace;
- Ability to work flexible hours; and
- Have attained a high level of computer proficiency, including using Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as a database system.
To apply, please send a cover letter, detailed CV, three references and a motivation letter speaking directly to the job requirements to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information or questions, please call Mme. Thusona Ntlama at +266 5878 1491
The organization reserve the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.