Programme for Technological careers (PROTEC)
Programme for Technological Careers (PROTEC) is a national nonprofit organisation implementing an effective, holistic model of education and career enrichment to help previously disadvantaged school learners with real aptitude, to successfully embark on careers in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
PROTEC seeks to appoint Tutors to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment Type: Part Time Contract
- An appropriate, recognized, relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification OR university students that have a passion for paying it forward.
- Minimum of three to five years teaching experience or university students that are competent and willing to assist learners.
- Knowledge of curriculum - CAPS for FET bands.
- Knowledge of Blended Learning/e-Learning approach to teaching and learning.
- Good class presentation skills.
- Good class management skills.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Curriculum development
- Manage and teach the subject allocated to him/her on days agreed with PROTEC (Saturdays, vacation classes and at school).
- Ensure proper planning and preparation for each lesson to be presented.
- Ensure that proper assessment and evaluation of learners is done periodically.
- Manage the resources used on the learning site or in the classroom.
- Keep records of planning and monitoring.
- Write reports on the work done.
- Attend tutor training workshops.
The position is based at either MH Baloyi, Seageng or NM Tsuene High Schools in Tshwane.
The following documents must be forwarded via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of business on the last day
- Your latest updated and comprehensive curriculum vitae.
- Certified copies of all your qualifications.
- A letter of motivation telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
- Certified copy of your ID (foreign nationals to provide certified copies of passports, visa and work permit).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Telkom Supplementary Programme for Grade 10 and 11 Learners
Calling all fully qualified teachers who are motivated and willing to “pay it forward” by tutoring at Saturday school, vacation days and at school.
- Do you have a passion for teaching?
- Can you motivate, coach, counsel and mentor learners?
- Are you dedicated to making a difference to our youth?
- Are you available on Saturdays and school holidays?
- Are you a university student that is passionate about mentoring, coaching and tutoring others?
If you have answered YES to the above, then this wonderful opportunity is just for you.
They urgently seek your expertise to work on our programme offering classes on Saturdays, during school vacations and at school, in Mathematics, English, Physical Sciences and Life Orientation (World of Work).
The hourly rate offered is negotiable depending on your experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” William A. Ward.
For more about the Programme for Technological Careers organisation, refer to www.protec.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies