Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC)
The Community Organisation Resource Centre (CORC) supports the social, strategic and administrative practices of urban poor communities linked to FEDUP and ISN. CORC’s support includes savings, data collection, peer-to-peer learning exchanges, community-based planning for projects and engaging with government, funders and other actors. CORC together with FEDUP, ISN and uTshani Fund forms the South African SDI Alliance which pioneers people-centred development initiatives by and of the poor. In 2002 CORC was registered with the Department of Social Development of the Republic of South Africa as a nonprofit organisation (017-659 NPO) with offices in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
CORC seeks to appoint a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer to be based in Cape town.
Opportunity Type: Part time, 3 days a week
The purpose of the good PMEL practice leads to organisational learning as much as to accountability. The PMEL officer is responsible to the CORC director and will work together closely with the management team, three program teams and operational team.
CORC seeks to appoint an experienced Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer, based in Cape Town.
Ongoing learning and reflection are integral to CORC’s work. For CORC good PMEL practice leads to organisational learning as much as to accountability. The PMEL officer is responsible to the CORC director and will work together closely with the management team, three program teams and operational team.
- Theory of Change
- Support CORC staff to understand the connection between the Theory of Change (Impact, outcomes, activities and indicators) and programme streams and projects
- Support CORC teams (program, operations and management teams) to develop six-month activity plans informed by the Theory of Change, ISN and FEDUP’s six-month plans and CORC’s donor commitments
- Support staff to refine individual job descriptions in light of above
- Support CORC program teams to prepare for six-monthly Alliance-wide PMEL meeting
- Support CORC teams to identify how above planned activities will be monitored
- Assist teams in ensuring that monitoring practices are taking place
- Support teams to organize monitoring documents in online filing system
- Support learning spaces in CORC and the flow between individual, team-level, organization-level and Alliance-level learning
- Support teams in learning processes through drawing on monitoring data for sense-making
- Support communication and media
- When required, draw together organisational reports, documents and publications from existing program monitoring documentation
- Write organisational newsletters
- Support staff to keep website and social media current
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning in non-profit sector
- Experience in working with Theory of Change
- Experience with organisational learning
- On the ground experience in human settlements sector advantageous
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong relational and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently and in diverse teams, self-motivated and resourceful
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to different cultural, language and learning contexts
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Full computer literacy
- Ability to travel when required
To apply, submit your CV, short letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with 3 contactable references, and job being applied for in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Community Organisation Resource Centre, refer to www.sasdialliance.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies