Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (SATIH)
SOUTHERN AFRICA TRADE AND INVESTMENT HUB
SCOPE OF WORK
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the “Hub”) project, a five-year trade and investment program for Southern Africa, in its third year of implementation, is expected to increase global competitiveness and intra- regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa. The Hub engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted Southern African countries. It supports these objectives by increasing exports from Southern African countries to South Africa and the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other Southern African countries, and providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia. The Hub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The Hub partners with USAID bilateral missions through the USAID/Southern Africa Regional Economic Growth Office in the successful delivery of its objectives
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Operations Assistant will work with the Operations team on the management and implementation of work plan activities to achieve key results. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative, communications, event, requisition, writing, and procurement support to the Hub’s operation components: Finance, Logistics, Event Management, IT, and procurement. S/he will also support the operation team by using the Technical Administrative Management Information System (TAMIS) platform. The Operations Assistant will offer support by ensuring operations needs are met as well as ensuring that all operations are executed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI policies.
S/he will support information management as well as perform administrative tasks assigned by the Director of
- Support the Director of Operations with coordinating and scheduling activities within the operations team and managing the calendar of activities.
- Support the operations team with managing and updating data using TAMIS.
- Provide coordination support between operations team and technical teams
- Attend operation team meetings and take minutes of deliberations, including follow-up communications
- Maintenance and disbursement of petty cash.
- Filing of payment vouchers and ensuring proof of payment (POP) are attached.
- Maintain a proper filing system at all times for the finance department.
- Assist with coordinating with the IT service provider as the contact person.
- Manage the IT technical support and user training
- Monitor and maintain the use of IT equipment.
- Monitor procedures for all server backups.
- Coordinate the DAI home office IT team regarding network, system hardware and software change/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, IT or similar field
- Qualification in IT is added advantage
- Two or more years of experience in development work
- Experience with USAID- or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good writing abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Fluent English required
- The Operations Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
BASE OF OPERATIONS AND REPORTING:
- The Operations Assistant will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Director of Operations
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit their CV to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com before December 20,2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.