National Institute Community Development and Management
NICDAM seeks to appoint a Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper on a Contract Employment
NICDAM (National Institute Community Development and Management) TRUST is a registered South African non-profit organisation founded in 1999. NICDAM is a well-established educational and development Trust operating through teamwork and partnerships to support the development of individuals, communities, organisations, government and businesses.
NICDAM Trust’s mission is to contribute to the development of Southern African communities, through SAQA accredited training programmes, community development programmes, government support programmes and social research.
NICDAM seeks to recruit an Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper, based in Centurion on a contract basis.
Location: Centurion, Pretoria, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: The Financial Trustee
S/he will be the lead expert for projects financial operations and management. This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage accounting and financial internal control systems in order to manage project resources and operations
- Direct the compliance and financial management systems in accordance with donor requirements and ensure expenses are incurred consistently with grant agreements and overall contract
- Lead, supervise and mentor the project finance team
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, projections, etc., as required
- Manage financial reporting and analysis to external and internal stakeholders, including financial information needs
- Support the Program Manager(s) in preparation and monitoring of budgets, spending trends, projections, and planning
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries
- A minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR-funded activity
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience with financial management tools and systems, including a high level of proficiency with computerized accounting
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Sound working knowledge of financial management principles, systems, and tools
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 December 2019 by submitting the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicated position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position;
- At least 3 traceable references;
- Completed USAID bio data form.
For more about NICDAM, refer to www.nicdam.co.za
Please note: No telephonic inquiries and only finalists will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in NICDAM.