Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (SATIH)
SCOPE OF WORK
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the “Hub”) project, a five-year trade and investment program for Southern Africa, in its third year of implementation, is expected to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa. The Hub engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted Southern African countries. It supports these objectives by increasing exports from Southern African countries to South Africa and the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other Southern African countries, and providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia. The Hub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The Hub partners with USAID bilateral missions through the USAID/Southern Africa Regional Economic Growth Office in the successful delivery of its objectives.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Human Resources and Administration Operations Assistant will offer support to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by ensuring both technical and operations needs are met as well as ensuring that all operations are executed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI policies.
S/he will support information management as well as perform administrative tasks assigned by the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
- Assist the Human Resource and Administration Manager, as needed, with recruitment process, including staff onboarding and orientation.
- Contract tracking for short term consultants in Technical Administrative Management Information System (TAMIS)
- Maintain inventory records, property allocation and conduct physical checks for accuracy.
- Maintain inventory in TAMIS, and ensure that asset labels are affixed to all tracked property.
- Regularly audit office inventory, update in TAMIS
- Ordering of stationery and office supplies using TAMIS and ensure all stationery requests are managed timeously
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Provide maintenance necessary to obtain a high quality of production and the most useful service life of office equipment. e.g photocopiers, printers, water dispensers, fridges.
- Liaise with the Procurement team to ensure payment of office rent and utilities is completed on time.
- Ensure airtime is allocated to staff per policy on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the security company and ensure office security at all times.
- Ensure phone tree is updated.
- Maintain the filing system and documents for HR and Admin
- Other duties as assigned by the HR and Admin Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in human resources management and business administration, or similar field
- Qualification in IT is and added advantage
- Excellent IT skills
- Two or more years of experience in development work
- Experience with USAID- or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Good writing abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Fluent English required
- The Human Resources and Admin Operations Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
BASE OF OPERATIONS AND REPORTING:
- The HR and Admin Operations Assistant will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Human
- Resources and Administration Manager
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit their CV to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com before December 20,2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.