SaveAct facilitates the formation of savings and credit groups in rural communities as a simple but effective tool to fight poverty, as a foundation for building sustainable livelihoods, and as a means to empower women and other vulnerable groups.
SaveAct seeks to appoint a Savings Group digital applications promoter to be Gauteng and KZN.
The purpose of this position is to promote adoption of digital applications amongst savings groups. The person should have a strong knowledge of digital systems and user-related issues amongst poorer segments of society.
- An interest in digital applications and their potential role in achieving reach at scale with our target groups in urban and rural areas
- An interest in applying human-centred design principles in the formulation/ design of apps and pilots
- Knowledge of the savings group movement and digitization challenges
- Be a capable trainer of trainers
- Strong research and analytic ability
- A commitment to critical reflection and self-learning in digital innovation and systems.
- The candidate should be:
- Inspired by opportunities to effect change amongst marginalised groups in society
- In possession of a driver’s license
- Fluency in any one of the following languages is an advantage: Tswana, Sotho, Xhosa or Zulu.
To apply see below
These are one-year, renewable contracts. Interested persons may apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A covering letter, motivating your suitability, three references with contact details and your CV, are requested.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
You will be contacted for an interview should you be short-listed. Terms will be negotiated. SaveAct reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about SaveAct, refer to http://saveact.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies