Woord en Daad connects people, communities, schools & educational centers, entrepreneurs, social institutions, local and national governments, and local NGO’s worldwide. They are motivated by the Christian perspective of justice and compassion, to realise a dignified existence for every individual. They are active in 22 countries worldwide, helping different vulnerable groups. Common Good have partnered with Woord en Daad to continue creating hope and lasting impact in South Africa.
Common Good, together with Woord en Daad is planning to set up a consortium of organisations in order to establish the Job Booster concept in South Africa. Job Booster is intended to match labour supply and demand, focusing on young (16-30 years) unemployed people. Within this group we want to focus on the most marginalised. To match the labour demand with the right labour supply, we need to start with evaluating the business requirements from the companies looking for new employees. We need an energetic, motivated and compassionate businessperson/researcher who is used to thinking from a business perspective and is therefore able to create this consortium. This is an exploratory exercise which could lead, with the right results, to a huge investment in getting Job Booster active in South Africa.
You’ll thrive in this role if…
- You are highly strategic and personable and enjoy finding answers to tough questions; digging beyond the data which currently exists and matching your findings and relevance to the Job Booster concept.
- Innovative and can think out the box, with limited scaffolding to develop ideas and concepts
- You enjoy working with high calibre thinking partners to move an idea from concept to realisation
- You enjoy working with a high level of autonomy and are a real self-starter with a passion and vision to see South Africa’s unemployment rates plummet.
- You have a passion for conducting individual and collaborative research projects.
- You are someone who naturally takes a lead in the implementation and execution of projects.
- You enjoy building and maintaining valuable key stakeholder relationships
- You display exceptional interpersonal skills
- You have applicable business experience and have worked in both corporate and third sector
- You enjoy the idea of, or have started a new business.
- You understand how to engage effectively with corporate clients to open doors and develop innovative business model concepts from concept to inception, roping in experts as necessary
- You enjoy working with a team of development professionals intentionally working to address issues of social justice in South Africa.
The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
- Researching, reporting on and developing the Job Booster concept with existing and potentially new stakeholders in South Africa, learning from experiences with the Job Booster concept already running in other countries.
- Shaping a new consortium of organizations which will bring their expertise to shaping and launching the Job Booster concept in South Africa;
- Building a network of companies which will hire trained people from the NGO’s that are linked and are part of the Job Booster consortium;
- Leading and informing how to build an efficient communication method/platform between the companies (business) and the partner NGO’s;
- Managing the relationship with Woord en Daad, Common Good and other key stakeholders;
- Regularly reporting to Woord en Daad on progress and findings and implementing any pivots of approach, as necessary
- Business degree, Master’s degree preferable (BCom / BSc)
- At least 7-10 years’ business/leadership experience
- Business contacts and network within the Greater Cape Town area
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as necessary
- Demonstrable success in similar areas of work\
- Willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good and Woord en Daad.
Competencies and abilities
- Connection and innovation
- Entrepreneurial with an eye to create good systems as you go
- Excellent at developing and maintaining relationships strategically
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise multiple activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities
- Highly proactive with good self-leadership
- Results orientated
- Ability to analyse and draw conclusions from data and right up reports
- Ability to work effectively as a member of different teams both internally and externally
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluent in English
- Additional South African languages advantageous
- Dutch advantageous
- Advanced in MSOffice, Office365, Slack
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to Stacey Calvert by 20 December 2019 to email@example.com
REF: Indicate the job title in the subject line
Interviews will take place in the first week of February 2020.
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.