Call for Expression of interest (EOI) by Community based organizations for demand creation of VMMC services
Jhpiego is implementing an award with funding from the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase access to high quality voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) services to improve HIV prevention in several high priority districts in South Africa.
Jhpiego seeks to engage local community based organizations in the relevant district/s via a targeted performance based award to not only increase demand for VMMC, but also ensure that clients undergo VMMC services in these districts of KZN and Western Cape provinces:
- King Cetshwayo
- EThekwini West
- City of Cape Town
Jhpiego seeks organizations with existing community networks and experience in VMMC programs, but organizations with other relevant experience in HIV prevention, HIV testing, community demand generation or other community health programs are encouraged to apply:
The organization must be registered by the relevant government authorities, Organizations should demonstrate capacity to reach men between the ages of 15 years and above years with effective social mobilization and behaviour change strategies. Applicants should also demonstrate experience working with the DOH, district health management teams and traditional stakeholders and leaders.
Applicants should clearly specify the geographical areas they will focus on within in these District of KZN and Western Cape Province. All proposals must demonstrate clear and actionable strategies for reaching youth and men with messaging to increase uptake of VMMC.
Summary of Award Criteria
- CBOs, FBOs, or NGOs registered by the relevant Government of South Africa authorities
- Must be present and currently working in the proposed district
- Must have functional bank account for at least 12 months
- Must have functional office with management and decision making structures of the organization
- Must have experience in health education, mobilization, community based programming and ability to mobilize around HIV prevention messages
- Must have sound and demonstrated financial management capacity
- Those with experience in undertaking funding from PEPFAR supported programs are preferred
Interested parties should contact Jhpiego at GrantApplicationsZA@jhpiego.org to receive the full Call for Applications and instructions on how to complete an EOI template for the specific district.
Questions regarding the expression of interest must be submitted by the 05th December 2019 GrantApplicationsZA@jhpiego.org
EOIs are due to Jhpiego by 10 December 2019
NOTE: Jhpiego reserves the right to consider or reject your proposals