Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the “Hub”)
SCOPE OF WORK
MONITORING AND EVALUATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the “Hub”) project, a five-year trade and investment program for Southern Africa, in its third year of implementation, is expected to increase global competitiveness and intra- regional trade and improve food security in Southern Africa. The Hub engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted Southern African countries. It supports these objectives by increasing exports from Southern African countries to South Africa and the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other Southern African countries, and providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia. The Hub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The Hub partners with USAID bilateral missions through the USAID/Southern Africa Regional Economic Growth Office in the successful delivery of its objectives.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Program Assistant will support the Monitoring and Evaluation team with drafting, monitoring, and reporting on the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP) and progress against each activity; in monitoring/facilitating sub-activities, ensuring technical support to each activity area is effective and efficient.
He/she will provide support of the information management and design of a monitoring and reporting system including development of program indicators to help inform USAID, the Chief of Party, and Technical team of project status and progress toward achievement of key results.
He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Support all ME initiatives including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities
- Manage data collection, analysis and reporting on all performance indicators.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the Hub performance indicators and targets
- Check and organize data quality with the technical team
- Input into database development
- Update technical team and team members on data collection progress
- Address and, if required escalate late or non-compliant data challenges
- Ensure that data is collected and complete and captured by defined deadlines
- Generate monthly monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Statistics, demography, information management, Project Management, or other relevant academic
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies and familiarity with routine management information systems;
- Knowledge and experience in data management packages;
- Research skills;
- Excellent writing, reporting and data analysis skills;
- Strong IT skills;
- At least one years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Program Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Program Assistant will be based Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should submit their CV to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com before December 20,2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.