Community Keepers is a non-profit company aiming to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of learners and create supportive school communities where learning and development can prosper. The Community Keepers multidisciplinary team operates from the organisation’s school-based offices and delivers a variety of support and preventative services to learners including, assessments, counseling, therapy, parenting workshops and more.
Community Keepers seeks to appoint a Psychologist to be based in Western Cape, Stellenbosch.
Employment type: Part-time basis (20 hours a week. Three to four mornings a week).
This person must be able to represent the values and ethos of Community Keepers and must have a passion for the work of the organisation.
- Assessments of children and youth (5-18 years) which includes individual interviews, obtaining collateral from relevant support systems (parents/guardians, educator, previous schools, etc.), diagnosis and development of a treatment plan.
- Individual and group interventions based on treatment plans. Ensuring that the most appropriate intervention is used and the most up-to-date methods of intervention.
- Updating all administrative processses associated with the clinical process, including clinical notes, organizing files, giving feedback to referrers, etc.
- Leading case discussions and giving specific input to team members regarding cases.
- Development and presentation of parenting sessions to parents/guardians of learners.
- Involvement in peer supervision and professional development (case presentations and literature reviews).
- Making an ongoing contribution to the overall goals and development of Community Keepers as an organisation.
- M (Educational or Clinical Psychology) and registered as an Educational or Clinical Psychologist
- Three years’ experience as a Psychologist.
- Specialised academic knowledge and practical experience in Educational or Clinical Psychology
- Knowledge on the development and evaluation of creative approaches to the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of the client group.
- Quality principles and practise and sound understanding and ability to apply ethical principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Fluent in Afrikaans.
- Must have passion, dedication and commitment towards the organisation and the job at hand.
The successful candidate will work between the different Community Keepers school offices in Stellenbosch. The person will be required to be available for 20 hours a week. The starting date for this position is as soon as possible.
To apply, download the application form from our website (https://communitykeepers.org/get-involved/#tab_involved_1) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Psychologist” in the subject line. Please note that we do not consider other documentation for applications. Do not include reference letters or proof of qualifications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Community Keepers reserves the right to fill this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Community Keepers, refer to www.communitykeepers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies