Girls and Boys Town
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national non-profit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Service Consultant, to be based in Pinelands Office, Western Cape.
Salary: Basic salary plus incentives, medical Aid, pension, life and disability cover benefits.
Reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
Employment type: This is a permanent position
- Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of previous selling and fundraising experience required.
- Customer service experience is a requirement
- Personality, Attribute and Abilities
- Applicants must be self-motivated and mature
- Bilingualism an advantage
- Able to work within a team environment
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Like to work with people face to face and telephonically
- Duties of the Service Consultant
- Face to face appointments with donors
- Attend functions
- Produce targeted number of fundraising proposals per month
- Service Donor portfolio
- Meet Donor feedback requirements
- Increase existing Debit Orders
- Retain existing donors
- Re-instate cancelled or lapsed donors
- Service and increase existing cash contribution targets
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- · Demonstrate a willingness to learn and update your skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiencies with attention to detail.
- Must be persuasive, donor focused, assertive and result driven.
This position will suit a responsible person who is prepared to work according to the Girls
and Boys Town South Africa values.
To apply, submit CV and a one page motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your applications submission, please deem your application unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies