University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project
Type: Regular / Full Time
Salary: Commensurable with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Senior Regional Network Director
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
The USAID TB South Africa Project is supporting the government of South Africa to further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, The USAID TB South Africa Project will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
IT Infrastructure Technician
The IT Infrastructure Technician will provide IT support to the organisation.
Minimum Roles and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network related incidents;
- Provide orientation to new users on network systems;
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology;
- Travel to repair Centres to collect and drop off equipment for repairs;
- Provide individual training and support on request;
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support;
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources;
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access;
- Troubleshoot all technology issues; conferencing, telephony, printing, emails, WiFi, internet access etc
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance;
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Good understanding of Remote assistance technologies
- Desktop support and Microsoft operating system configurations.
- Microsoft server administration and maintenance.
- Maintaining communication equipment for VOIP, IP phones.
- Assisting all client with any logged IT related incidents.
- Assist clients telephonically or remotely with connectivity issues.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service.
- Record, update and document requests using IT service desk system.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- Work closer with the Senior Network Director to achieve the department’s objectives
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources;
- Research current and potential resources and services;
- Provide network access to all staff;
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status;
- Perform other related duties as and when required;
- Desktop / User Support;
- Maintain LAN support, server support, licensing, WAN connectivity, applications, network security and monitoring.
Minimum Educational Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Diploma in Information Technology;
- Minimum of 5 years IT infrastructure experience;
- A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA;
- Computer literacy – MS Office package;
- Knowledge of OpenScape Business (UNIFIY)Telephone system added advantage
- Knowledge of QuickBooks & SAGE Payroll setup added advantage
- Good understanding of UNIFI WiFi Management
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WSUS, AD, GPOs, Networking commands
- Knowledge of Office 365 Hosting;
- Full understanding of IP addressing;
- Knowledge of Window server 2003, 2008, 2012.
- Possess ability to work under pressure;
- Must be very well-organised individual and ability to work with a diverse team;
- Good interpersonal communication, including active listening and effective collaboration skills;
- Excellent English language, written and oral skills;
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the position name on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
URC is affiliated with Center for Human Services, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.