Pact, a recognised global leader in international development based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Management of Finance and Operations to implement its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building and Support Programme (GCBS).
The Finance and Operations Director is responsible for overall finance and operations management of the GCBS Program. He / she is a member of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for managing the functions of the Finance and Operations Departments including supervision of staff.
Key Performance Areas/responsibilities
- Lead annual financial strategic planning;
- Managing and monitoring procurement policies and systems in line with USAID and Pact Global;
- Financial Management and Leadership;
- External Stakeholder Reporting; (includes financial reporting in accordance with USAID contractual requirements);
- Internal Control Systems Management;
- Staff Supervision and Professional Development;
- Statutory Compliance;
- Managing of Procurement and IT;
- Facilities and Asset Management;
- Administration Support.
Minimum Educational Qualification, Experience and Key Skills:
- Master’s degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Financial Accounting or other relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience;
- 5 years of relevant development financial working experience; experience of working with or in the South African Treasury is preferred;
- 10 years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Working experience and knowledge of Serenic accounting system is preferred;
- Registration with Professional Bodies (CAP; ACCA or SAIPA) will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in team building experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Prior experience building or enhancing financial management capacity of civil society organizations;
- Demonstrated previous experience & skills in developing & presenting and managing large budgets;
- Excellent interpersonal Skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word; Excel; Outlook and Internet);
- A customer service oriented individual with ability to deal with all service providers;
- Excellent written and oral communication and Presentation skills;
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle;
- South African and / or permanent residents are preferred.
Review and shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis until such time as a successful candidate has been identified. CV’s will be accepted beyond this date. Suitable candidates are invited to submit their electronic CVs with the subject line “Finance & Operations Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating.
Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.