AQUITY Innovations (NPC)
AQUITY Innovations seeks to appoint 12 Enrolled Nurses Ehlanzeni District
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) . As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Enrolled Nurses to be based in Ehlanzeni (x12).
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for this position.
The enrolled nurse will facilitate linkage to care, adherence counselling and support, pharmacovigilance, contact screening, retention in care and access to new treatment regimens.
Key Responsibilities include Areas:
- Support active TB case finding
- Linkage to care and adherence support
- Support identification of TB and HIV coinfection
- Employ appropriate messaging to trigger demand-driven TB case finding and provision of treatment of Latent TB Infection (LTBI)
- Support pharmacovigilance activities
- Assist with accurate completion of clinical documents and verify completion of registers
- Promote adherence to infection prevention control standards
- Grade 12 with 2 Years certification as enrolled nurse
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse
- At least 2 years’ experience in TB case management
- Previous exposure within a primary health care environment
- Knowledge and experience in HAST programme
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate (oral and written communication) in English and a local language
- Clear criminal record
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date 21st November 2019.