University of Stellenbosch (USB)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership Development with a focus area in NPOs is a modular programme that takes place over one year. It is a learning journey uniquely designed for those who want to improve their ability to lead NPOs in the fulfilment of their social purpose by building personal, team and organisational leadership competencies.
For full details and the route to apply on the USB website:
- Suited to current, or aspiring, Executive-level NPO, Social Enterprise or CSI Leaders
- The only course of its kind on the continent, developed in association with international experts
- One year, modular, part-time, 5 on-campus week long contact sessions during the year
- The postgraduate diploma qualification is equal to achieving an honours degree. Successful graduates will be eligible to proceed Masters programmes, e.g. MBA.
- For those candidates with no prior formal academic qualifications, Recognition of Prior Learning will be considered for 2021 intake
Bursaries of up to R50,000 for qualifying students are currently available - closing date strictly 30 November 2019
- The programme offers a thriving learning environment, one that is creative, innovative, experimental, relational, peer-based and energising.
- The learning philosophy of this programme is one of transformative and whole person learning. The learning journey contains activities that enhances knowledge, develops skills, and nurtures personal development.
- The learning mode, is one of learning about self through reflection, learning from experts and participants through sharing of knowledge and experience, and learning in real life from situations in practice.
- The programme is designed in such a way that the benefit of the learning is supposed to translate into leadership development in the organisations of the participants. Every participant’s organisation will therefore count as a living case to work with.
For further information on the course or bursary requirements please contact: Esther Franzsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes 30 November 2019 - Apply Now https://applications.usb.ac.za/PGDipLeadership
Course starts February 2020