Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
CSA is seeking an external taxation consultant from a recognized consulting firm to carry out a tax health check and provide recommendations to management on PBO specific taxation areas that require improvement or could be beneficial to the long-term financial sustainability of the organisation.
Objectives and Scope
- To ensure that CSA always remains tax compliant, and that any risks are flagged and addressed in good time.
- To express an independent professional opinion as to which preferential tax treatments granted to PBOs would be most applicable for the context within which CSA operates
- Assist the Finance Director to select and set up a tax benefit structure that can contribute to the financial sustainability of the organization
The management proposal shall provide for:
- An indication of the suite of services that they will provide to the organization
- Assessment of the VAT registration process for the organization and the time period for which historical VAT claims may be submitted
- Advice on Section 18A regulations that may pertain to CSA and donors
- A clear calculation of benefits vs costs that the taxation consultant will offer to the organization – including the required inputs from the CSA finance team for each recommended process.
- Potential rebates/incentives from engagement with applicable SETA (Services SETA) Contain details of the method and scope of audit and assurance that the audit was performed in accordance with International Standards of Auditing and by a qualified auditor.
- A biannual report to the management on findings regarding CSA’s tax health status clearly bringing out any areas of exposure to management.
The management report will specifically include the following:
Comments and observations on CSA tax compliance status and measures put in in place to ensure compliance;
- Identify specific deficiencies or areas of weakness, and make recommendations for their improvement;
- Report on the degree of compliance to each of the applicable tax obligations areas;
- Communicate matters that have come to his/her attention during the review which might have a significant impact to the organization and also quantify the extent of exposure;
- Give comments on the previous recommendation and whether they have been satisfactorily addressed;
- Bring to the recipient’s attention any other matters that the consultant considers pertinent, including ineligible expenditures
CSA will carry out the adjudication after the proposal submission deadline. The selection criteria will include the following:
- Experience of your firm in relation to the scope of taxation consultation for Non-Profit Organisation.
- A list of at least three similar Non-Profit Organizations served by your firm, where the bidder carried out tax consulting; along with the name of the organization, contact person, designation, and contact number, nature of the consulting services and length of the appointment.
- Availability to provide support at suggested time intervals.
- Providing an activity plan (project plan) of actions to achieve the objectives of the assignment, specifying budgeted hours, timelines and sequence for its consultancy procedure and level of staff to be assigned;
- Incorporating CV's of the proposed professional staff of the core management team proposed for the engagement and the authorized representative submitting the proposal.
- CVs should demonstrate relevant experience of dealing with Tax matters within organisations similar to CSA.
- Registration Certificate
- BEE Certificate
- Tax Clearance Certificate
Available Facilities and Right of Access
The auditor will have full and complete access at any time to all records and documents (including books of account, legal agreements, minutes of committee meetings, bank records, invoices and contracts etc.) and all employees of the entity. The auditor will have a right of access to banks, consultants, contractors and other persons or firms engaged by the project management.
By accepting this invitation to take part in the bid process, you agree to keep in confidence all information provided to you, whether written or oral, in relation to the bid process and/or in relation to the organisation’s business generally which is not already in the public domain, to use it only for the purposes of this bid and for no other reason and not to disclose any of the said information to any third party.
Applications responding to this Request for Proposals (RFP) are due, via e-mail, by 16:00 on Friday, 13th December 2019 and should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Upon approval of the proposal, the successful service provider will be required to sign a service contract.
Inquiries should be directed in writing only to email@example.com
Applicants who have received no response within 7 days of the closing should kindly assume that their bid was unsuccessful. CSA reserves the right not to appoint a service provider if the applicants do not meet the required standards.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities