Malamulele Onward is a non-governmental organisation providing specialised therapy (physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy), equipment, assistive devices and caregiver training to poorly-resourced rural areas of South Africa where children severely disabled by cerebral palsy have little or no access to rehabilitation therapy and equipment.
Malamulele Onward seeks to appoint a paediatric therapist - Programme Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment type: Full-time position.
Start date: January 2020.
The purpose of this position is to be a dynamic, hard working paediatric physiotherapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist who is passionate about working with children with disabilities to join their team as the Therapy Programme Manager.
- Managing all clinical programmes
- Overall responsibility for the Carer-2-Carer Training Programme
- Development of Parent-Led services
- Treating privately-paying clients who attend the Residential Therapy and Training Programme
- Training parents, caregivers and therapists
- Responsible for effective and efficient implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all clinical programmes
- Networking and collaboration with potential partners
- Contributing to the planning of the organization’s future programmes and activities
- Assisting with fundraising activities
- Bachelors degree in speech therapy, occupational therapy or physiotherapy
- Registered with the HPCSA
- At least five years experience in working with children with disabilities, specifically cerebral palsy
- Post-graduate training in working in children with cerebral palsy (eg introductory CP course and / or basic 8 week NDT course) is an added advantage
- A passion for children with special needs
- General knowledge and understanding of childhood disability issues in Southern Africa, including local, regional and international protocols, conventions and policies concerning the rights of people living with disability
- Essential skills
- Organization and project management planning (planning, monitoring, budgets, reporting, etc)
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in training and mentoring
- Ability to remain focused whilst taking a flexible approach
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and oneself, and prioritize with minimum supervision
- Excellent writing skills and a good command of English (with additional local languages a distinct advantage)
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Canva and / or Indesign
You should also be a South African citizen (or hold a valid work permit), have a valid driver’s licence, and be able to travel and work after-hours and on weekends from time to time.
To apply, please e-mail the Executive Director, at Matseliso@cpchildren.org the following information:
- A letter of motivation
- A short CV (maximum five pages)
- An indication of your expected salary
Please note that:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide at least three contactable referees
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to spend a day at the Malamulele Onward office; provide some form of work sampling or to complete a simulation activity relevant to the post. This is to ensure a good fit for both parties.
- The initial contract is for 1 year with possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Malamulele Onward, refer to www.malamuleleonward.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies