John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Provincial VMMC Program Manager for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The positions will be based in KZN and Gauteng
Role Description and Purpose:
The Provincial VMMC Program Manager will work with District VMMC Manager to ensure the highest quality service provision that adheres to international and national standards/protocols. This position provides overall strategic leadership and direction in the allocated province to ensure achievement of program objectives and targets in targets districts and sites.
Key Performance Areas:
- Works closely with district managers, site coordinator and team leaders within their province.
- Responds to logistical, clinical, and programmatic issues at district level.
- Coordinates with the demand creation team to ensure that the demand matches the supply of services within the province.
- Coordinates with provincial Department of Health (DOH) managers for integration of project-supported activities within the provincial health program.
- Coordinates with M&E teams to ensure that databases are accurate and updated regularly.
- Reports any province-wide issues and district-level issues to the project’s senior management team as appropriate for review and resolution.
- Monitors weekly service delivery statistics within the province. Suggests revisions to site scheduling and placement strategy, as needed.
- Assists with the follow-through of district-level performance improvement plans.
- Holds weekly meetings with site coordinators and keeps sites well informed of progress or potential changes within the program.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons across the program.
- Finds creative ways to acknowledge excellence and achievement within the province.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual provincial reports on program implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in Nursing, Medicine, or Public Health is an essential requirement.
- (10) Ten years of experience in the health sector at clinical and/or managerial/administrative positions will be an essential requirement.
- Experience supervising and managing staff in a clinical setting will be an essential requirement
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2019 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “Provincial VMMC Programme Manager “ – Durban” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the KZN, Gauteng based position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 30 days of the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.