John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.The positions will be based in Durban, Ulundi and Sedibeng
Role Description and Purpose:
The M&E Specialist is responsible for all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities. They will be responsible for coordinating M&E field-related activities and provide constant feedback to both technical and program teams including health care workers in VMMC facilities. They will develop and maintain systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the VMMC program. They will conduct supportive supervisory visits to ensure that the daily teams data performance from facilities are summarized and shared with the Department of Health (DoH) and program teams for weekly performance monitoring.
Key Performance Areas:
- Supervise M&E Data Clerks by ensuring that the VMMC data collection processes are adhered to and monthly data submition timelines are adhered to;
- Ensure that data from Client Intake forms are entered into the JSI program monitoring system by M&E Clerks within the stipulated timelines;
- Perform monthly VMMC M&E quality assessment for all facilities to identify M&E gaps in the quality of care offered to VMMC clients;
- Ensure that all VMMC program and data entry, reporting, and evaluation tools for the DoH and program-related are available at service provision sites;
- Participate in Sub-District and District VMMC steering committee meetings;
- Oversee the implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting;
- Work closely with the Senior M&E Advisor and project technical team to manage all data entry related activities and ensure the maintenance of up-to-date JSI program monitoring system database, web-DHIS, and DATIM as needed;
- Ensure that District M&E Clerks move from one facility to the other for data entry and processing ensuring the prompt coordination of M&E Clerks transport are in harmony with clinical team/roving team transport schedules;
- Provide expertise and lead VMMC internal data quality assurance processes as well as reporting on compliance and National Department of Health policy and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure high quality VMMC implementation, consistent with the PEPFAR guidelines, protocols, information and reporting systems;
- Use data to contribute towards the strategic decision making and project planning with the project leadership;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior M&E Advisor;
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, monitoring and evaluation, Statistics, or a relevant field is required;
- At least (5) five years of work experience with M&E of VMMC, HIV care and treatment, TB/HIV and STI will be an added advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Access, and Tableau
- Demonstrable ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences will be an essential requirement;
- Demonstrable knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies is required;
- Proven ability to promote a culture of data use for planning and accountability will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information systems in South Africa and proven leadership to support the strengthening of the M&E systems to improve the availability and use of data for decision-making will be an essential requirement.
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2019 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “M&E Specialist – Durban” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 30 days of the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.