John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow Inc., (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Officer for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
The role supports JSI HR Operations and Administration as a shared service resource through Human Resources Business Partnering methodology and Model. It is expected to support the HR office on project planning, promote and coordinate initiatives that will ensure staff adherence to JSI policies, procedures and processes, providing sound HR administration support and act as focal point for internal and external customer service. This role will be reporting to the HR Specialist and will be based in Pretoria.
Key Performance Areas:
- Be the point of contact for all JSI employees, subcontractors and HR service providers on HR related matters.
- Proactively support the delivery of HR services in the business and its operations and maintain confidentiality on information.
- Build and maintain links with all empoloyees focal point of contact with customer service focus.
- Act as a performance management ambassador and assist employees /Line Managers to understand and implement positive changes in people management practices in consultation with the HR Specialist
- Collate information to support the HR Specialist with Payroll.
- Assist all Project employee with HR queries for salaries and basic SARS and tax compliance as the first point of contact and escalate complex queries to the HR Specialist .
- Collate Medical Aid and Provident Fund information in support HR Specialist to ensure adherence to JSI Policies
- Monthly capture/update of employee information and ensure it is accurate, current and up to date in HR compliance matrix.
- Attend to queries, cycles and reconciliations for leave for all employees of JSI in South Africa and ensure they are current, up to date and audit ready.
- Generate, track and ensure all Employee Relations documents are maintained on employee files as required
- Coordination and scheduling of sessions for staff orientation, policies and procedure road show for HR.
- Lead and Provide recruitment administration support and adhere to turnaround times for all recruitment related activities.
- Support Project employees application use of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Replicon, leave management etc.
- Contribute to effective and efficient HR budgeting and spending in line with JSI corporate Policies and requirements as guided by Finance.
- Be an HR Business Partner providing service and keeping confidentiality as guided by POPI Act, be reliable and adhere to sound human relations and ethics at all times.
- Execute all task and activities related to Health and Safety in the work place that will be delegated from time to time.
- Assist employees with UIF and Injury on Duty (IoD) administrative process where necessary.
- Coordinate and work with corporate and other satellite offices in addressing any HR related administration issues.
- Perform adhoc task delegated within reason from time to time by JSI Management team.
Qualifications and Experience Indicator:
- National Diploma in HR/Administration is an essential requirement.
- Certificate in payroll will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in competency and targeted recruitment will be an advantage.
- 3 years working experience in human resources and administration is an essential requirement
- Preference will be given to a person who worked in donor and USAID/PEPFAR funded environment.
- Demonstrable organizational and interpersonal skills is an essential requirement;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members in local and virtual offices is an essential attribute.
- Above average demonstrable communication and problem-solving skills will be an essential requirement.
- Familiarity and understanding of audit preparation process will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written, relationship building skills in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve basic problems, persuasion, network and negotiation skills will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word is an essential requirement;
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2019 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: HR Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 day after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.