John Snow Inc (JSI)
John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a District VMMC Manager for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The positions will be based in Durban and Ulundi.
Role Description and Purpose:
The District VMMC Manager will lead the planning, management and implementation of all district based activities in collaboration with the Provincial VMMC Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
- In collaboration with the DOH, plan for the smooth implementation of VMMC activities at district level including cultivating and maintaining good working relations with DOH and other community based organizations.
- In collaboration with the VMMC Technical Specialist, ensure that VMMC service delivery meets the minimum standards of procedure as prescribed by DOH, WHO and PEPFAR.
- Manage demand generation activities and lead district-based demand generation teams to plan and coordinate community-based demand generations to meet program targets.
- Work closely with the technical and M&E team to develop and maintain routine data and performance monitoring systems (including daily and weekly reporting) analyze programmatic data in a timely fashion, identify programmatic gaps and challenges, devise solutions, and make strategic recommendations.
- Coordinate and manage the VMMC roving teams to ensure efficient programming.
- Identify training gaps amongst district VMMC teams and liaise with the Training/Capacity Development Advisor team to bridge the gaps.
- Represent the JSI VMMC program in sector meetings at district level.
- Coordinate with the Logistics officer to assure adequate stock of VMMC commodities in order to prevent disruptions in service delivery.
- Lead the process of developing draft work plans and progress reports
- Ensure efficient coordination of all district logistics and finance, human resources and administrative activities in order to maintain and improve operational support to district VMMC teams.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- Prior experience in VMMC is required
- Training and experience in management is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working with an international NGO and USAID or donor funding organization will be preferred.
Closing Date for Applications: 21st November 2019 Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for District VMMC Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “District VMMC Manager” – Durban” to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 30 days of the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.