Humana People to People in South Africa
Humana People to People in South Africa (HPPSA) a registered national development association (NPO 005 – 055) seeks to recruit a Professional Negotiator to be based in Johannesburg. HPPSA is a member of the Federation for associations connected to the international Humana People to People Movement. HPPSA is currently implementing development projects in five provinces of Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Gauteng, KwaZulu Natal and Eastern Cape. The projects includes Community Development, Health Programs, Early Childhood Development, Food security, Climate Smart Agriculture and Youth Development Programs. The organization is committed to empowering and uplifting disadvantaged communities.
To secure funding for the projects that HPPSA is currently implementing and to create opportunities for new projects and for expansion within current provinces and into other provinces.
- A minimum of four years’ traceable experience in negotiating for funding;
- A proven track record in writing;
- Strong writing skills in English;
- Productive and efficient in meeting deadlines;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Ability to work in a diverse team;
- Experiences with USAID and /or other large bilateral funding agencies.
- Research and Identify (through contacting and meeting potential partners, networking, calls for PPs, tenders etc) local regional and international funding partners. These include: - government departments at all levels, commercial companies, NGO, Embassies, bilateral agencies etc.;
- Organize and convene negotiation meetings (physically, telephone conference, etc) to qualify funding opportunities with identified potential funding partners;
- Prepare professional proposals, budgets, and implementation plans and submit to funding partners on time and with high quality;
- Follow up on all submitted proposals and negotiate to secure contracts and funding;
- Keep excellent relationship with the funding partners.
To apply, submit a motivational letter and CV no later than 22 November 2019 @ 17:00 pm to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged people, women and people with disabilities.