Development Action Group
The Development Action Group (DAG) is a leading non-profit, non-governmental organisation. DAG’s mission is to create, implement and support community-centred developments in order to address economic, social and spatial imbalances.
DAG seeks to employ Project Support Officer to be based in Cape Town.
DAG seeks to employ Project Support Officer, based in Cape Town.
Employment type: The position will be a one year contract with a 3-month probation period.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- To assist with the design and implementation of land & housing projects and programmes, including inner city social housing, informal settlement upgrading or backyarder programmes based on the need of the organisation
- To lead, participate and contribute to the review of and commentary on key policy documents related to housing, land and urban development
- To contribute to the development of appropriate user-friendly materials related to land, housing and urban development, including but not limited to urban governance, medium density housing and rental housing
- To support civic and community based organisations
- To conceptualise, design and deliver training courses, workshops, project based training methodologies and session plans
- To do research to inform course content
- To conceptualise and produce training methodologies and materials to complement and supplement training interventions
- To, with support prepare annual project plans and budgets and to monitor project progress and compliance for assigned projects.
- Relevant University degree or Diploma e.g. one of the built environment professions, Social Anthropology, etc.
- Appropriate experience may be considered in place of a degree or diploma
- At least 2 years’ training and research experience in the field of housing, social development, land and/or urban development
- At least 2 years’ experience working with community groups, social movements and/ or civil society organisations living in informal settlements/backyard structures
- Working knowledge of basic research methodologies and techniques
- Working knowledge of training methodologies and techniques
- Working knowledge of housing, land and urban development policy frameworks
- Familiarity with some of the technical aspects of housing delivery
- Ability to use the MS Office suite at an intermediate level.
- Excellent time management, planning and organising skills
- Ability to independently plan and meet deadlines
- Excellent English writing skills and a knowledge of at least one other South Africa language is an added advantage
- Valid driver’s licence (own car would be an advantage)
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter by 16h00 on Monday, 25 November 2019 to email@example.com or 101 Lower Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within one week of the closing date.
DAG is an equal opportunity organisation, values diversity and pursues employment equity.
Preference will be given to female, black and specially-abled candidates.
This position is based in Cape Town, no relocation costs will be covered.
For more about DAG, refer to http://www.dag.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies