Ons Plek Projects
Ons Plek Projects is the only residential Child and Youth Care Centre in Cape Town that specialises in developmental and therapeutic intake services for girls who have lived, worked or begged on the streets of Cape Town. We also have 3 community projects which cater for boys and girls at risk of becoming street children.
Ons Plek Projects seeks to appoint a Social Worker / Child Care Worker to be based in Cape Town and Philippi.
Employment type: Full-day position.
The purpose of this position is to work as a Manager and Social Worker doing staff supervision, case work, groupwork and community work.
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with experience and normal leave facilities apply.
The position is for a Manager of an experienced team who will also work as a social worker on the team in the community of Philippi.
- Communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Computer Skills
- Have a high standard of report writing skills and evaluative ability
- Have supervision and coordination skills
- Have at least 12 years’ social work experience
- Social work qualifications a pre-requisite
- The successful female applicant must:
- Work 12 hour shifts (e.g. day, night and week-end)
- Be hands-on to supervise children (cooking, dressing, homework etc.)
- Be qualified as a child care worker OR
- Will have to obtain a qualification in child care work in order to be registered at the applicant’s expense once employed
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Good report writing skills in English and Xhosa/Afrikaans and evaluative ability
- Be mature and have experience with children
- Have a matric qualification
To apply, hand deliver your CV to The Director, Ons Plek Projects, 7 Malleson Road, Mowbray, Cape Town or post to P O Box 12924, Mowbray, Cape Town, 7705 or e mail to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Ons Plek Projects, refer to www.onsplek.org.za
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Applicants to read website (www.onsplek.org.za) before applying.
Applicants not contacted by Ons Plek by 30th November 2019 for an interview, have been regretted.
NB We do not provide a car.