Pulse Health Solution
Reporting Line: Assistant Project Coordinator
Positions available and locations:
Ekurhuleni North – 6
Ekurhuleni East - 6
Employment type – Fixed term contract 1 December 2019 to 31 March 2020
Main Job Purpose:
To conduct HIV Counseling and Testing and Link patients into care
Tasks and Activities
Key Performance Areas:
- Conduct HIV Counselling and Testing in hospitals during weekends.
- Conduct HIV/AIDS health education and talks.
- Solid knowledge of HIV, STI, TB prevention screening and DOH guidelines
- Obtain and accurately document consent forms in full for all client information
- Conduct pre and post-test counselling
- Conduct index testing for all clients identified positive
- Conduct linkage to care (ART initiation) for clients who test positive.
- Ensure documents and registers are completed in full and filed correctly according to guidelines and SOP’s
- Ensure that client information is treated ethically with confidentiality
- Compile and forward daily statistics timeously, complete and accurate
- Conduct follow-up adherence counselling to non-adherent patients.
- Complete and collect required information including demographic and patients’ results.
- Conduct waste management according to the Biohazardous Waste Disposal SOP
- Provide support to other team members
- Achieve daily targets on total clients tested total number of positive patients (10%), total clients linked to care (90%) and clients indexed (100%)
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- HIV Counselling and testing certificate
- Post-matric certificate in any related field
- Training will be made available for successful candidates
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in counselling and testing
- Basic knowledge on HIV/ AIDS, TB and STI’s.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Committed to treatment of HIV, STI and TB
- Strong personality and work ethics, with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well with other team members
- Valid driver’s licence (2 years and older), with PDP will be an added advantage
- Excellent counselling and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work non-traditional working hours, as this role is for weekends work
- Willingness to work after hours
- Ability to travel as and when required
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages will be an added advantage
The list of tasks/duties and responsibilities contained in this document is not necessarily exhaustive, and the employer is entitled to instruct the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which may fall reasonably within the ambit of the role profile or in accordance with operational requirements.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following:
- A cover letter motivating for your application
- Position and location you are applying for
Closing date of application: end of day 15 November 2019
- Pulse Health reserves the right not to fill this vacancy or withdraw the advertisement at any stage during the recruitment stage
- Pulse Health will not pay for relocation costs for candidates who wish to take up positions in a different district or sub-district
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted