Pulse Health Solution
Reporting Line: Site Supervisor
Positions available and locations:
Bojanala, Moretele – 6
Bojanala, Madibeng – 4
Employment type – Fixed term contract 1 December 2019 to 31 May 2020
Main Job Purpose:
- To conduct HIV Counseling and Testing and Linking patients into care and treatment
Tasks and Activities
Key Performance Areas:
- Conduct HIV Counselling and Testing in various settings including communities, workplace and hospitals.
- Conduct HIV/AIDS health education and talks.
- Solid knowledge of HIV, STI, TB prevention screening and DOH guidelines
- Obtain and accurately document consent forms in full for all client information
- Complete HTS registers in full daily
- Conduct pre and post-test counselling
- Conduct index testing for all clients identified positive
- Conduct linkage to care (ART initiation) for clients who test positive.
- Ensure documents are completed in full and filed correctly according to guidelines and SOP’s
- Ensure that client information is treated ethically with confidentiality
- Compile and forward daily statistics timeously, complete and accurate
- Conduct follow-up adherence counselling to non-adherent patients.
- Complete and collect required information including demographic and patients’ results.
- Conduct waste management according to the Biohazardous Waste Disposal SOP
- Proficiency Testing of test kits (PTS)
- Independent Quality Control of test kits (IQC)
- Provide support to other team members
- Achieve daily targets on total clients tested, total number of positive patients (10%), total clients linked to care(100%) and clients indexed(100%)
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Post matric qualification in related field
- Training in HIV Counselling and testing with a valid certificate
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in counselling and testing
- Basic knowledge on HIV/ AIDS, TB and STI’s.
- Generic Skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Committed to treatment of HIV, STI and TB
- Strong personality and work ethics, with an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works well with other team members
- Valid driver’s licence (2 years and older) ,with PDP will be an added advantage
- Excellent counselling and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work non-traditional working hours, which may include weekends from time to time
- Willingness to work after hours
- Ability to travel as and when required
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages will be an added advantage
The list of tasks/duties and responsibilities contained in this document is not necessarily exhaustive, and the employer is entitled to instruct the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which may fall reasonably within the ambit of the role profile or in accordance with operational requirements.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must include the following:
- A cover letter motivating for your application
- Position and location you are applying for
Closing date of application: end of day 15 November 2019
- Pulse Health reserves the right not to fill this vacancy or withdraw the advertisement at any stage during the recruitment stage
- Pulse Health will not pay for relocation costs for candidates who wish to take up positions in a different district or sub-district
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted