John Snow Inc (JSI)
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Demand Creation Specialist for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
Role Description and Purpose:
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide broad oversight and managerial support to the demand creation activities at district level
- Provide technical support to ensure that demand creation activities are developed and implemented in conjunction with DoH targets and guidelines.
- Provide technical support to the district based demand creation supervisors and their teams to implement culturally sensitive demand creation interventions to meet project targets.
- In collaboration with the District VMMC Manager, plan and manage the logistics for demand creation team.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with community based organizations that support/implement demand creation activities
- Participate and contribute to development and implementation of district work plans.
- Contribute to quarterly reports, activity-specific reports, and drafting of success stories.
- Monitoring of VMMC demand creation progress and reporting at district level
- Contribute to training of local staff, community organizations and sub-awarded NGOs
- Mobilizer and communication staff planning and organizing at district level.
- Oversee both demand creation and the in-service communication/counseling activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, communication, public health or other related discipline is an essential;
- (1) One year Health/HIV related background is an essential requirement.
- Prior experience with VMMC demand creation is desirable.
- Minimum of (3) three years of experience in generating tangible results in communication fields in public health programs is an essential requirement.
- Experience in marketing, communication or PR (campaigns, presentations, door to door, social media) will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing social and behavior change communication programs; ability in building capacity of a diverse teams will be an essential requirement
Closing Date for Applications: 21 November 2019 Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Demand Creation Specialist) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response within 30 days of the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.