John Snow Inc (JSI)
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting Administrative Assistants for a USAID-funded HIV prevention Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa. The positions will be based in Durban, Ulundi and Sedibeng.
Role Description and Purpose:
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Operations Manager and provide an array of administrative services in support of the JSI EpiC Project Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) team based at the provincial/district level.
Key Performance Areas:
- Prepares vendor quotation analyses
- Prepares purchase orders
- Reviews Goods Received Notes
- Updates inventory log monthly for hubs and Regional Office
- Assist in fleet management, review of vehicle log books, fuel use and consumption and analysis.
- Manages petty cash
- Prepares monthly updated contact list and organizational chart
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Administration, logistics or a field relevant to the position
- Minimum 3 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Closing Date for Applications: 15th November 2019. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email: Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “Administrative Assistant – Durban” to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.