HPCA requires the services of Testing, Linkage & Retention Mentor;
Mpumalanga: Ehlanzeni District-Mbombela, uMjindi, Thaba Chweu (x2)
Gert Sibande District (x1)
The primary purpose of this position is to manage, coordinate and provide technical guidance to APACE field team in the implementation of community-based HIV Testing Services (HTS), referral and linkage to care and Adherence Support Services.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Coordinate Targeted Community HIV Testing Services (HTS) as per HPCA annual Work plan
Coordinate the availability of resources for the provision of community-based HTS;
Coordinate HTS activities (Lay Counsellors and Testing Linkage & Retention Officers, Linkage Officers) at community level and provide technical guidance to leverage critical entry points for HIV case finding;
Develop and implement targeted community strategies;
- Strengthen Active Referral & Linkage to care as per HPCA annual Work plan
Provide technical guidance to TLROs, LCs & LOs to refer HIV positive clients from community to facility for early linkage to care and, treatment initiation;
Collaborate with District stakeholders in the promotion of community linkage and support services and effective implementation of districts bidirectional referral system;
- Strengthen Adherence Support and Retention in Care As per HPCA annual Workplan
Collaborate with CBOs and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to mobilize demand for HIV treatment services and promote retention in care;
Provide technical guidance and oversight on strengthening community-based adherence support
- Performance Monitoring and Reporting as per HPCA annual Work plan
Contribute to project writing, reporting and submissions
Ensure proper use of assessment tools and analysis of information
Support the implementation of a quality assurance system in the District
- Human Resources Management and Coordination
Ensure staff meets funder requirement targets timeously.
Compile monthly, quarterly, annually, and ad hoc reports according to program requirements.
Review and report on the performance of staff Bi-annually and ensure compliance with HPCA Policies & funder requirements
Submit weekly plans to achieve work plan targets to direct supervisor
Ensure timeous submission of travel requisitions, claims and timesheets.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ND: / bachelor’s in health, Public Health or related field
- Nursing degree (advantageous)
- 5-7 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS or Public Health field
- 3-5 years’ experience in HIV Testing Services and application of testing modalities
- 3-4 years’ experience in Referral Systems and pathways, linkage and Retention in Care
- 2 Years Minimum experience working in management/coordination position
- Experience working at community level (advantageous)
- Proficiency in MS Office
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Technical, Professional knowledge and expertise
- Problem Solving Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Change Leadership
- Excellent Communication
- Conflict handling
- Innovative thinking
- Building and Leading high performance
Please submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Monday, 11th November 2019.
It is a requirement that the successful applicant resides within the district of work. No relocation costs will be covered
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organisation’s employment equity plan.