Corruption Watch is a non-profit organisation launched in January 2012. We rely on the public to report corruption to us. We use the reports as an important source of information to fight corruption and hold leaders accountable for their actions.
Corruption Watch seeks to appoint a Junior Project Assistant to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to provide administrative and logistical support, as well as contribute towards the effective delivery of projects / campaigns.
Experience level: Entry level
Employment type: one year contract, subject to renewal
- Undertake specific administrative and logistical tasks, under the supervision of the Head of Department or relevant project coordinator;
- Maintain and update databases and records on project activities;
- Prepare background material / research for meetings and events;
- Compile status and progress reports in relation to projects / campaigns;
- Ensure that administrative arrangements are in order for conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings;
- Arrange all programme appointments and maintain programme and projects background information, calendar, log, and facilitate follow-up actions and deadlines;
- Draft correspondence on routine matters including minutes/summary notes for daily meetings; and
- Perform other related tasks/assignments as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of project management tools and approaches;
- Attention to detail with the ability to work autonomously:
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and effectively managing competing demands in short timescales; and
- Experience of working as part of a team delivering complex tasks.
- Project management or related field
Interested applicants should send a covering letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com. The closing date is Friday, 22 November 2019. If you do not hear from us please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.