AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA)
AFSA requires the services of a Sex Rights Africa Network Coordinator for a Fixed Term Contract vacancy
Valid until March 2021
Salary: R508 800 PA Total Cost to Company
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Programme manages the Sex Rights Africa Network which is an open association of SRHR practitioners. SRAN exists to share evidence and strengthen advocacy and action to realise SRHR for all in Southern Africa and globally.
The www.sexrightsafrica.net platform is managed by the AIDS Foundation of South Africa and supported by the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, Zambia. It also hosts Trainers Lab (www.trainerslab.net), a global hub for SRHR trainers, supported by Aids funds in the Netherlands.
AFSA requires a Sex Rights Africa Network Coordinator to engage and support members and users of the Sex Rights Africa (SRAN) online networking hub. The position will be based at the Organisation’s Head Office in Durban and will be for a fixed term period ending 31 March 2021.
Purpose of Job:
The Sex Rights Africa Network Coordinator is responsible for member engagement and support of the Sex Rights Africa Network, to maximise the level of active and effective participation in efforts to advance SRHR in Eastern and Southern Africa and beyond.
- To support, promote and expand membership of the Sex Rights Africa Network.
- Developing the resource database of the website.
- Assisting in planning Regional SRAN Meetings.
- Planning and co-ordinating regional advocacy campaigns.
- Developing and publishing research and policy briefs to support advocacy.
- A post-graduate degree in Social Science or Public Health- A qualification in Marketing or related field will be an added advantage.
- + 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position focusing on SRHR/ grassroots mobilisation / movement building.
- 3+ years marketing experience.
- 2+ years consumer/ community internet experience.
- Track record in member engagement.
- Experience in online network development.
- Knowledge of website development.
- Strong understanding of SRHR issues in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Experience in blogging.
- Competence in Swahili or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and copies of certificates, ID and links with social media pages and/or blogs with the reference “SRAN Coordinator” in the subject line via emails to email@example.com no later than 17/11/2019. Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us two weeks after the closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.