Children in Distress Network (CINDI)
Children in Distress Network (CINDI) was formed in July 1996. It is a network of over 200 organisations that work for the interests of Orphans, Vulnerable Children, Adolescents, Youth (OVA&Y) and their families. CINDI has implemented PEPFAR/USAID funded OVCA&Y programmes since October 2007. CINDI seeks to employ an M&E Officer to work in the May’khethele OVCA&Y programme that is implemented in two districts (uMgungundlovu and eThekwini) in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
Department : PEPFAR/USAID OVCA&Y Programme
Employment status : Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities include:
M&E System and Process Development
- Ensure and monitor compliance to M&E and Data Management plans, frameworks, SOPs
- Work with Programme Management staff to develop site or programme specific M&E strengthening plans.
- Support the implementation of CBIMS electronic database management system.
- Support programme staff to develop and improve the tracking of OVCA&Y linkage to care in accordance with the UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategy
- Track and manage the flow of data from the site level
- Track and ensure all major programme indicators are being collected by all the sub-partners
Data Verification and Routine Data Quality Assessments
- Conduct on site data verification visits at the sub-partners’ sites
- Compile reports of on-site visits and develop data quality improvement plans
- Ensure that the correct source documents and tools are used at site level
- Systematically assess the implementation of the CINDI standardised M&E system at all sites
- Monitor and track changes in data quality across time and sites per district
- Monitor compliance to data quality improvement plan
- Conduct Routine Data Quality Assessment (RDQA)
- Conduct Site Improvement Monitoring Assessments (SIMS)
Human Resources and Capacity Building
- Provide on-site support and mentorship to M&E Data Capturers at sub-partner level
- Provide training and mentorship to program implementers on completion of all data collection tools
- Routinely assess the capacity of M&E staff and implement capacity building activities
- Ensure that Programme and M&E staff are capacitated to adhere to M&E and data management requirements
- Provide prompt feedback to the M&E director with regards to the training needs of the programme M&E staff
- Prepare the sub-partners for the quarterly Site Improvement Monitoring Assessments (SIMS).
Data Review and Usage
- Promotes data usage for continuous quality improvement through feedback, training and capacity building activities at sub-partner level through structured monthly and quarterly data review meetings.
- Develop sub-partners’ staff capacity to enable them to analyse and interpret generated data on overall program quality in order to facilitate evidence based decision making.
- Support the development of data usage plans to improve program quality and monitor the implementation of such plans.
Data Analysis, evaluation and Reporting
- Review the performance of sub-partners on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the M&E director on compliance to the targets
- Report on progress and achievements timeously at program-level, by compiling accurate reports for funders and stakeholders.
- Support program evaluation activities as well as research projects
- Complete the aggregated weekly program performance tracking tool
- Degree in Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics or Health Information Sciences
- More than 5 years’ experience in the OVCA&Y programmes, HIV/AIDS and TB programmes
How to Apply
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 November 2019. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered. Please note that only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. CINDI is an equal opportunity employer.