The Bulungula Incubator is a non-profit organisation located in a rural area of the Wild Coast, Eastern Cape. Our goal is to sustainably end poverty in a generation while enriching community life and enhancing community cohesiveness. Part of how we do this is supporting the Government schools in our area by using educational programmes to improve outcomes in Mathematics and English.
The Bulungula Incubator seeks to appoint a Maths Educator based in Xhora Mouth Administrative Area, Elliotdale in the Eastern Cape. This position represents an exciting opportunity to shape new approaches (which includes e-learning; teaching at the right level; and catch-up models) to improve maths outcomes particularly in the senior phase (Grades 8 and 9).
- Have a strong maths background and strong ability and love for maths
- Have an affinity and/or training and/or experience working with students in Grades 8 and 9 and a willingness to work with students in Grades 6 and 7 too
- Have great people skills and the ability to work with a broad range of people, particularly our facilitator team (post-school youth) and teachers
- Have excellent computer skills (experience in e-learning would be preferable)
- Willingness to work in school holidays, on Saturdays and provide after-school support
- Fluency in English
- Candidates who are also fluent in isiXhosa will be preferred
- Have a driver’s license
- Have a bachelor’s degree with mathematics as a subject as well as a relevant education qualification (Bed or PGCE)
- Willingness to live in a remote rural area
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. All queries to be directed via email, no phone call queries will be responded to. Deadline for applications: 13 November 2019.