The Bulungula Incuabtor is a rural development not-for-profit organization, based on the Wild Coast of the Eastern Cape, in the former Transkei. Our programmes are concentrated into three focus areas: Education, Sustainable Livelihoods, and Health and Nutrition. Our vision is to be a catalyst for the creation of vibrant and sustainable rural communities. In partnership with our community, government, NGO’s and other innovative thinkers, the Bulungula Incubator aims to achieve our vision through finding synergies between traditional rural African culture, and external technologies and innovations.
The Health Programme is looking for suitably qualified and dynamic individuals to be part of the Health team in Xhora Mouth Administrative Area. The Health Programme
PERFORMANCE AREAS AND ACTIVITIES
|Bulungula Incubator||Duties and responsibilities|
|1. Wellness Wagon (Preschool and Primary Schools Mobile Clinic Services), 2 days in Coffee Bay
2. Assist in the Outreaches on Wednesday and conduct additional Outreach as needed.
3. Home visits in all 4 villages we operate in,namely Nqileni, Tshezi, Folokhwe, and Mgojweni.
- A passion for rural development work is essential
- A Diploma in Nursing including General Nurse, Psychiatry, Community nursing and Midwifery is required.
- Registration with SANC
- Strong desire to improve rural health
- Proven ability to relate to children and to inspire and motivate them
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African Health Policies
- Ability to communicate in isiXhosa
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to succeed in challenging environments and problem-solving
- Willingness to live in a remote rural village as a community member
- Willingness to mentor and train others
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and level of experience.
To apply, please send your detailed CV with two contactable referees, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, copy of ID plus a letter of motivation to: email@example.com
For enquiries about this post, please call Bongezwa on 047 577 8908/12. The closing date for applications is Friday, 15 November 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and if you are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please know that your application was not successful.